Interlogix, a global leader in security and life-safety solutions, expands the performance and convenience of its award-winning UltraSync SmartHome system with a series of new devices and added compatibility with more products from Interlogix and other home automation manufacturers. These new features will be on display in the Interlogix booth at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and limited edition DIY smart home kits will also be available in select U.S. cities in 2017. Interlogix is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp.
The UltraSync SmartHome system provides home automation and professional-grade, UL-listed security features to keep homeowners in touch and in control. Its built-in Z-Wave radio allows control of a growing number of devices, including compatible lights, thermostats, locks and other appliances. The system can also view live video and replay captured alarm or action-triggered video.Select devices and controllers from Aeon Labs, an in-home automation products company, are now compatible with UltraSync.
The latest release of UltraSync SmartHome offers a variety of enhancements that include:
· A secondary 7-inch touchscreen offering system programming and control
· Automations made even simpler with sunrise/sunset triggers and timers allowing homeowners to delay activities and keep devices on for a selected amount of time
· Interface with the ecobee3 Wi-Fi thermostat as well as the Bryant HouseWise smart thermostat
· The UltraSync Indoor Desktop IP/Wi-Fi camera, which allows it to be placed on desktops or bookshelves or mounting on walls and ceilings.
· Selectable backgrounds – even the homeowner’s own pictures – for the UltraSync mobile app
· A limited edition smart home kit with basic self-monitoring capability will also be available to homeowners next year. The UltraSync SmartHome kit with DIY installation offers comprehensive control accompanied by telephone support from a professional security and smart home expert. The kits help homeowners who want to save money but also have the peace of mind that technical support is available when they need it.